To foster an educational environment of excellence where students, teachers, and staff pursue a shared quest to know Jesus as Savior and friend.
In 1924, at the Augusta First Seventh-Day Adventist Church, located off of Walton Way, a dream sparked to form a school educating students with a Christian-based curriculum. This is where the Augusta First SDA School began, which later became official in 1934.
The children would meet each day in a classroom located in the back of the church. As the school grew, teachers, like Lola Hammond Newman and Minnie Morris, taught the students about Jesus and how to read and write. In 1965 the church moved to a larger location that offered more classroom space for the students.
In 1977, another dream grew in the hearts of the church members to have a separate school and gymnasium built for the students. Shortly after efforts were being made to make this dream a reality, a fire was set at the church, by some neighbors, which led the church to move to it's location off of Wheeler Road.
Thankfully, during the fire, the school records were saved by orange juice containers that bursted, putting out the fire near the file cabinets.
From 1994-1995 there were up to 55 students attending the school, making the dream of having their own space more crucial. In 2002, according to God's grace, the Augusta First SDA School completed the construction of the school building and gymnasium located behind the church. The students, grades PreK-10, now had up to eight classrooms, a library and media center, playground, full size gymnasium, and more.
Over time, the church and school began to grow and become more noticed by the CRSA community. In order to make the school feel more inclusive and welcoming to fellow believers not of the SDA faith, the school board members decided to update the name of the school to Adventist Christian School in 2018.